Friday, April 1, 2011

The Whitening...

So yesterday while my friend practiced her hooking on the lovely teal yarn, I pottered about a bit, so as to not be constantly watching over her shoulder.  It was, I might add, lovely to watch her sit and look so calm and meditative as she worked her way along her chains.  Thus is the beauty of making something, is it not?

Back to my pottering, so I picked up the brush and finished my little "Whitening" project.  I do so love this term for it, many thanks to the lovely comment-or who suggested it.

Last night I rummaged in the store cupboard - I was sure I had stashed an old shade in there somewhere.  I was in luck, and so out come the mod podge, and delightful Amy Butler print I had been saving for the "right" project.



As a little aside, do you miss Notebook Magazine?  I do, but then I found the inspiring Vera Klein (previous home editor of Notebook) has her own blog, packed full of her fabulous projects, which reminded me how much I loved the magazine.  She has a great post on how to cover your own lampshade, should you be all inspired like to give it a go.

Wishing you a lovely weekend

Trace xx

10 comments:

  1. ooh, that looks wonderful Tracey!
    I have recently discovered Vera's blog, love it!

    happy friday to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love your whitening project. looks fantastic.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was DEVASTATED when I found out Notebook Magazine was no more so thanks for the heads up re Vera's blog...I'm off to visit her right now!! Oh yes and the lamp...divine!!! TK x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job! Yum yum - Amy Butler fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new lampshade - a quick project is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lampshade looks fabulous Tracey. Love the fabric.

    Glad you found the tutorial easy to follow. What did you use for backing and how does it look when the light is on?

    Consider my questions as market research - but ones you can answer at yr leisure rather than just when you're about to sit down to dinner!

    Vera x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks lovely Trace, the navy with a hint of green is very you. I really like it against your wall colour too and the lamp base is just the right amount of ornateness. Your blog title " the whitening" made me think of an M.Night Shyamalan film. Creepy undertones involving either snow, vitiligo or liquid paper, hadn't quite decided which.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely Trace, the navy with a hint of green is very you. I really like it against your wall colour too and the lamp base is just the right amount of ornateness. Your blog title " the whitening" made me think of an M.Night Shyamalan film. Creepy undertones involving either snow, vitiligo or liquid paper, hadn't quite decided which.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trace you are too sweet! The lamp looks wonderful - lovely choice of fabric. I too am mourning the loss of Notebook. There is or was nothing on the market like it. It's such a shame they scrapped it. It was one of the few I still bought. Hope you have a lovely weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. g'day tracey,,,,i love notebook! i keep the one, and only, copy i have in my bathroom and have a lovely soak and read often. i never ever get tired of looking at the same pics and ideas. thats a sign of a good mag! i love your amy butler lampshade. ive never given that a go. will check out the link. cheerio, angelina

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there, thanks for commenting!