Monday, December 6, 2010

Does absence make the heart grow fonder?

I have been oh so very absent from blogger.  You will forgive me, won't you?
I have not been idle though.  
I have finished my self stitched garment and would have started the second if gift making and holiday plans had not been afloat.
Pictures of said garment coming this way when I have time to actually photograph myself before running out the door.


So this brings me to gift giving and Christmas.  I have been having a bit of a  think about Christmas.  What does it mean to me and my family, my extended family, my friends?


 As a Christian it is a celebration of the birth of Jesus, though to me, every day I can celebrate this.  Is it a time for reflection on the year past, a time to visit relatives and chill out with friends?  Is it a time for giving gifts to show I love and care for those around me?


I guess it is all of these things.  What I really want to do is establish my own family traditions.  Less gift giving, more celebration, more time with friends and family.  I love giving gifts, but the mega give at Christmas sends me into a spin.  I would rather lavish gifts at Birthdays or "just because I saw this/made this and was thinking of you".


This year on Christmas day it will be just me, the Mr, the little Miss and the Boy.  We will go to Church in the morning, come home and open our gifts.  We are going to eat food we love with minimal fuss.  We will watch a video together and play outside with a ball and jump on the trampoline.  


The only gifts I made this year were for my work mates.  I love where I work, I love the people who make going to work so much more than a job.  Here is a little collection of what I made:






As for my other gifts, I went for show tickets and iTunes albums.  Things that will be enjoyed but will not add to the clutter or piles of useless stuff.


Just a few of my rambling thoughts!  The family and I are off soon to Tasmania for two weeks of campervaning fun and catching up with old friends.  Our present to ourselves!  I hope and pray for joy for you and your family this Christmas season and a very happy New Year to you too,


See you next year!


Trace xx

7 comments:

  1. I've missed you. Good to see that you've been busy. Loving all that wonderful embroidery. Super sweet & uber ace.
    We've been making the low key just the four of us Christmas a tradition too. The most important thing for me is having a stress free day where I can relish and enjoy my family with few distractions. It is a day of "specials", all the favourite foods... and a day of rule breaking too. Lollies for breakfast - why not?
    I wish your family a wonderful holiday around Tasmania and a very special Christmas. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tree is fantastic.Keep posting your good
    blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back Tracey! Enjoy Tassie. We loved it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sentiments regards Christmas are a composition of my own thoughts........in my gift giving this year the emphasis has been on the handmade/remade/made with love variety in thw vain hope it may ad some calm to what I see as just too much crazy!!! Hope your family enjoy time away in Tassie - enjoy this season of remembering Christ's birth...and God's abundance to us. TK xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous gifts! I hope you had a wonderful, peaceful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you geared up for a perfectly relaxing Christmas. Hopefully it ended up working out that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the gorgeous butterfly bag Tracey, it has been on several outings with me already. Looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there, thanks for commenting!