Tuesday, June 30, 2009



Tonight I made a little birdie singlet for friends who have just had a baby girl - Maisy - love the name!
Also pictured are some heart and birdie ornaments I made a while ago that hang from twigs collected from the play ground.

Tonight for dinner, I made my version of Nigella Lawson's summer meat balls. I am adding the recipe here for you, Laura!

Get a simple tomato sauce going by chopping an onion and garlic, frying gently then adding 600ml passata (or chopped tinned tomatoes if that is all you have), finely chopped carrot (I do mine in the food processor) and a good splog of white wine. Bring to a gentle simmer and get on with the meat balls.

Grab about 400 g each of pork and veal mince (I make my own veal mince from veal schnitzel as it is cheaper and less fatty), mix with about a cup full of fresh bread crumbs, a quarter cup of grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, whatever herbs you have about (I used oregano and parsely tonight), and an egg. Mush it all up together with your hands, then roll into balls and plop into your simmering sauce. Allow it to all simmer together for about 15 min or so, or until the meat balls are cooked through. You can serve them up with pasta, couscous (nice with a bit of mint tossed through) or Italian bread. This is one of my favorite fugal food recipies!

1 comment:

Why hello there, thanks for commenting!