Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nine

The Girl turned 9 last week.  When I turned 9 I got a cassette player.  She got an ipod touch.

We had a party with 10 of her Moshi Monster-crazy friends.  I wanted to make it all look pretty and so she humoured me - The Girl is good like that.

The cake pre Moshi take over

Untitled

And after the Moshi invasion

Untitled

Whipped cream and as many lollies as one could fit on a cupcake.

Untitled

Untitled

Pretty cups and straws from Etsy

Untitled

More prettiness. I made these following Martha's instructions.  The Girl said they looked like Iggy.

Untitled

Untitled

We played this game, which kept everyone busy.  I like busy, busy is good at a kids party.

Untitled

The Boy got the mummy treatment on the boy's team.  They picked him as he was smaller to wrap...

Untitled

Do you remember playing this game as a child?  We called it the Oddie Donut Munch.

Untitled

The cake inside.  Hard to take good shots with 10 kids elbowing behind you.  You get the idea.  I like ombre, the girl was ambivalent, but humoured me anyway.

Untitled

Charlie and Lola our cavoodles.  Out in the cold...

Untitled

What luck to find a shop made pinata that looked a bit like Angel!

Untitled

Happy Birthday, Sunshine Girl.  You make us so very happy.  We love how you told everyone who asked that the best thing you got for your birthday was the knowledge that your family loves you more than anything xxx



1 comment:

  1. Well, you can't get a better birthday gift than that! Looks like you have put on a fab shindig there. I am living that cake. I wonder if I can talk my miss 4 into celebrating turning 5 with those lovely layers of pinky goodness. Happy birthday and congrats on a beautiful bash.

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there, thanks for commenting!